AAR Annual Meeting
November 18-21, 2017
To return to the Welcome Page, please click here.
For questions or support, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return to the AAR website, click here.
This Unit serves as a forum for scholars working in the interdisciplinary field of Christian spirituality. It is committed to the following:
• Developing, refining, and demonstrating appropriate methodologies for the academic study of spirituality.
• Exploring models for describing and facilitating interdisciplinary conversation on the nature of spirituality among religion scholars of all perspectives and religions.
• Initiating discussion in the field of global spirituality, both religious and secular.
• Articulating the connections between scholarship and spiritual practice.
• Ensuring diversity in denominational affiliation, gender, race, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Focusing on the retrieval and contemporary assimilation of issues of central interest to the field.
Our AAR sessions and panels are intended to expand dialogue, understanding, research, writing, and teaching in the area of spirituality in general, and of Christian spirituality in particular.
The Christian Spirituality Unit welcomes proposals in the following areas:
• Spiritualities of the Reformation, in recognition of the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Reformation
• Evangelical spirituality
• Immigration and spirituality
• Contemporary material culture and spirituality
• Consideration of embodiment and lived religion, moving beyond texts in the study of spirituality
• Methodology and self-implication in the study of spirituality
We welcome proposals for both individual panels and papers in these areas.