AAR Annual Meeting
November 18-21, 2017
To return to the Welcome Page, please click here.
For questions or support, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return to the AAR website, click here.
The Transformative Scholarship and Pedagogy Unit seeks to provide a forum for exploring transformative scholarship and pedagogy across religious traditions and scholarly disciplines, challenging the traditional boundaries between scholarship and activism while experimenting with alternative approaches to teaching and the production of knowledge. Practical Theology Unit engages practical theology and religious practice, reflects critically on religious traditions and practices, and explores issues in particular subdisciplines of practical theology and ministry.
These Units would like to explore President Eddie Glaude's 2017 presidential theme, “Religion and the Most Vulnerable,” by taking up the topic of theological education broadly understood among or with the most vulnerable: those on the margins, in the streets, in prison, or other spaces of marginality. To this end, this co-sponsored session invites proposals either for preset panels or individual presentations on the following topics:
• Experiential pedagogies or transformative theological education among or with the most vulnerable
• Experiential pedagogies or transformative theological education outside of the classroom and in spaces of marginality
• Theological education among first generation students
• Transformative theological and religious scholarship generated within/among/by communities and scholars in 2/3rds world
• Alternative approaches to the production of knowledge arising out of spaces of marginality that challenge boundaries among scholarship, service, and activism
Fr. Daniel Franklin Pilario of St. Vincent's School of Theology in Quezon City, Philippines has been invited to respond to the panel.