AAR Annual Meeting
November 18-21, 2017
To return to the Welcome Page, please click here.
For questions or support, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return to the AAR website, click here.
In an effort to offer additional programming and networking opportunities for our members, the Employment Center will host a Workshop Series during the 2017 Annual Meeting.
Are you seeking opportunities to mentor? Do you have learning, insight, or technology tips to share? Are you a wizard with social media and personal branding? Do you have an ability to create a CV from a résumé? Do you have specific advice for creating a successful portfolio and navigating the job market? Please consider leading a 60 to 90 minute workshop or intimate roundtable for 6 to 15 individuals that engages members pursuing academic and non-academic careers. We would love to have you!
Successful proposals from previous years included the following sessions:
• Alt-Ac Employment in Religious Studies and Creative Careers in Church and Faith-Based Non-Profits
• Developing a Public Voice and Making a Living from It
• Envisioning Academic Alternatives
• Job Transitions over 40 with a Ph.D.
• Marketing Matters for Academics: It’s Not Just a Corporate Thing!
• Online Pedagogies and Leveraging Online Experience in the Job Market
• Religious Studies and Nonprofit Management
If you are interested in submitting a workshop or roundtable proposal, please submit a proposal through the AAR’s PAPERS system at the following address: https://papers.aarweb.org/content/employment-workshops
For an example of a successful proposal, please consult the 2016 Annual Meetings Program Book (pp. 16-17), or consider the language in any of the three workshops featured on this website advertising a set of regional workshops: http://www.phdlifetransitions.com/
All sessions will be advertised in the online and print program books.
Have questions? Contact Employment Services at email@example.com.