This Unit serves as a forum for scholars working in the interdisciplinary field of Christian spirituality. It is committed to the following:
• Developing, refining, and demonstrating appropriate methodologies for the academic study of spirituality.
• Exploring models for describing and facilitating interdisciplinary conversation on the nature of spirituality among religion scholars of all perspectives and religions.
• Initiating discussion in the field of global spirituality, both religious and secular.
• Articulating the connections between scholarship and spiritual practice.
• Ensuring diversity in denominational affiliation, gender, race, and ethnic backgrounds.