You are here
Call for Proposals
In an effort to offer additional programming and networking opportunities for our members, the Employment Center will host a Workshop Series during the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Are you seeking opportunities to mentor? Do you have learning, insight, or technology tips to share? Are you a wizard with social media and personal branding? Do you have an ability to create a CV from a résumé? Do you have specific advice for creating a successful portfolio and navigating the job market? Please consider leading a 60 to 90 minute workshop or intimate roundtable for 6 to 15 individuals that engages members pursuing academic and non-academic careers. We would love to have you!
Successful proposals from previous years included the following sessions:
● Alt-Ac Employment in Religious Studies and Creative Careers in Church and Faith-Based Non-Profits
● Developing a Public Voice and Making a Living from It
● Envisioning Academic Alternatives
● Job Transitions over 40 with a Ph.D.
● Marketing Matters for Academics: It’s Not Just a Corporate Thing!
● Online Pedagogies and Leveraging Online Experience in the Job Market
● Religious Studies and Nonprofit Management
If you are interested in submitting a workshop or roundtable proposal, please submit a proposal through the AAR’s PAPERS system using the buttons above!
All sessions will be advertised in the online and print program books.
Have questions? Contact Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.