You are here
Call for Proposals
A limited number of special sessions are approved by the Program Committee each year. These are intended to be:
· Sessions that are experimental, creative, or timely
· Sessions that address an area of interest that does not naturally fall within the purview of one or more existing Program Units
· Sessions that address a current issue/event of interest to multiple AAR constituencies.
The Program Committee occasionally approves special sessions for sessions that would be one-time only or special to the year or location. Under exceptional circumstances, special sessions may also be proposed to address a pressing issue that arises after the proposal deadline.
Guidelines for special sessions:
• Special sessions are accepted through INSPIRE only.
• Special session proposals must provide a rationale based on the criteria above.
• Special sessions must use one of the prearranged session proposal formats (papers session or roundtable).
• Make sure the special session does not cover an area already covered by an existing program unit. If a proposal fits within an established program unit's mission, the proposal will be forwarded to that unit. If a proposal is submitted both as a special session and also to a program unit, it will be eliminated from consideration as a special session.
• The Program Committee evaluates all Special Session proposals. Notification of program acceptance will be announced by April 1, 2021.
Steering Committee Members
Monica Coleman, University of Delaware1/1/2020 - 12/31/2025
Amy DeRogatis, Michigan State University1/1/2018 - 12/31/2023
Ann Gleig, University of Central Florida1/1/2021 - 12/31/2026
Derek Hicks, Wake Forest University1/1/2021 - 12/31/2026
Amir Hussain, Loyola Marymount University1/1/2019 - 12/31/2024
Robert P. Jones, PRRI1/1/2019 - 12/31/2024
Meredith Minister, Shenandoah University1/1/2021 - 12/31/2026
Reiko Ohnuma, Dartmouth College1/1/2020 - 12/31/2025
Jeremy Posadas, Austin College1/1/2020 - 12/31/2025
Santiago H. Slabodsky, Hofstra University1/1/2018 - 12/31/2023
Roger A. Sneed, Furman University1/1/2019 - 12/31/2024